Conference Project Assistant (Internship) 2 posts
junio 18, 2015
Job Title: Conference Project Assistant (Internship) 2 posts
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Temporary: 01‐09‐15 to 30‐11‐15
Remuneration: 1.000 € per month
Conference Project Assistants (Internship) required to support the 2015 International Organizations’ Career Development Roundtable hosted by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
The 12th International Organisations’ Career Development Roundtable will take place this year in Madrid, Spain. This unique event brings together HR professionals from across the world to discuss, share and learn about new developments in the sector of Talent Management and Career Development in multi‐lateral Organizations. It will open with a welcoming reception on
November 17th 2015, followed by the actual event on November 18th and 19th 2015. Subsequently, a Career’s Fair, while take place on November 20th 2015. Speakers and delegates will shortly be signing up to participate and we are looking for Conference Project Assistants (Internship) to help delivering the event.
Some of the functions of this position will include:
- Supporting the delivery of the conference and parallel events such as the Career Fair and dinner/evening receptions;
- Keynote speaker and delegate assistance, including enquires via email correspondence
- Acting as focal point for registration of participants;
- Drafting of conference materials, including conference timetables, briefing packs and
- Supporting the development of content for event website;
- Liaising with suppliers for the event;
- Participation in preparatory and planning meetings;
- Liaising with media outlets to promote the event;
- Reacting creatively to challenges and effective troubleshooting.
The Conference Project Assistants will be supervised remotely by UNFPA from New York. Therefore, the Assistants are required to be available at least once a week for telephone conferences. Further, the Assistants will be required to be present during the events from November 17th to November 20th 2015.
Interested candidates should have a strong interest in International Relations, Events Management or Human Resources related fields. No specific academic background is required. Recent graduates or current participants in a Master’s programme receive priority.
Interested candidates should have experience in the organization of events and working in a multicultural team. They should also be well‐organized, enthusiastic, pro‐active, and Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Please send your applications to Mr. Jan Weidmann at Weidmann@unfpa.org.