Assistant European Professor at the China-EU School of Law (CESL) – 2 months contract
octubre 30, 2015
As the first Sino-foreign law school in China, the China-EU School of Law (CESL) is a unique law school. Currently over 300 master’s students are studying in the Chinese Master’s Programme and the Master of European and International Law (MEIL) at CESL. To support the professors from Europe who fly to China to teach in the MEIL Programme (‘Flying Faculty’), we are looking to expand our faculty and recruit a number of semi-permanent Successful candidates will ideally begin at the end of February 2016. They will take over mainly practical teaching classes (tutorials) on various law topics in the field of International Business Law (Conflict of Laws, CISG, WTO Law, Intellectual Property Law, and Moot Court and Arbitration). Further, the assistant professors will assist in activities such as preparations for moot court competitions and the master’s thesis. Assistant professors will also be given the possibility to conduct research at CESL.
We seek candidates with excellent written and oral communication skills, practice and teaching experience.
• Full European law degrees (Bachelor + Master), candidates with a PhD in law are particularly invited to apply
• Candidates should have previous teaching experience at a law school outside of China, preferably for at least two years
• Willing to commit to a period of no less than two months from 29 February to 29 April 2016
• Ability to teach in fluent English
Contract and Remuneration:
• Duration of contract: 2 months
• Number of teaching hours per week: 8
• Remuneration will be as follows:
– Reasonable salary, commensurate with experience and academic qualifications
– Round trip (economy class) flight ticket
Please send an application with a CV and cover letter to the CESL Co-Deans, Dr. Clemens Richter and Prof. Liu Fei, by 20 November 2015 (e-mail: email@example.com).