Essay competition on the question of sovereignty over the Malvinas (Falklands)
abril 27, 2016
- Style: academic, footnoted papers.
- Length: 7,000 to 8,000 words (including footnotes)
- Format: Word document.
- Language: English.
- The essay must be titled and anonymous.
- Essays must be original and unpublished.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- The competition is open to bachelor’s and master’s students from universities based
in the European Union and EFTA.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Send your essay by email to email@example.com
- Write ‘Essay competition’ in the subject of the email.
- In the body of the message include your full name and the name of your Faculty and University, and indicate which bachelor’s or master’s programme you are enrolled in.
COMPETITION DEADLINE: July 30th, 2016
The following awards will be given:
1st prize: €500, 2nd prize: €300, 3rd prize: €200.
The winners will receive an award certificate at a ceremony during the Maastricht Symposium on the Sovereignty Dispute over the Falklands (Malvinas), which will take place at Maastricht University and is tentatively scheduled for 7 October 2016. Travel (from within the EU) and accommodation expenses will be covered by the organiser. The competition is possible thanks to funding granted by the Scientific Fund of the Law Faculty of Maastricht University and the University Fund Limburg (SWOL).
The jury assessing the competition entries consists of three leading international lawyers:
• Theo van Boven: Emeritus Professor of Public International Law, Maastricht
• Alfred Soons: Emeritus Professor of Public International Law, Utrecht University.
• Nico Schrijver: Professor of Public International Law, Leiden University.
Please contact the Secretary of the Jury (Dr Fabián Raimondo) at